Oaks of Righteousness

Oaks of Righteousness
'...and they will be called Oaks of Righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.' - Isaiah 61:3

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Grace

Grace - Favor unmerited and love unconditional
Substance of God, what makes me substantial
It is Grace that reaches down and lifts me up
Grace that took my place and drinks my sin-filled cup
Grace as Jesus Christ who paid the price
Neither one, nor two nor any of us can ever afford
That I stand here not on my own accord
It is Grace that covers me
Grace that watches me leave and sees me return
Grace that grants me the innocence that I can never earn
Grace as forgiveness I can't deny
That my second chance came more than just my second time
Grace relentlessly unrelenting of my soul
Grace that takes me broken and makes me whole
Such Grace demands the very freedom that it gives
Wholehearted devotion for as long as I live
By Grace I walk the narrow path and enter the small gate
Grace that liberates my destiny yet Grace that determines my fate
Grace so beautiful and so divine
Grace to which I belong to and Grace forever mine
By the Grace of God I am what I am
Yet by Grace I will never be the same
Grace on which I stand, imperfect
Because his Grace to me was not without effect

1 comment:

  1. "Such Grace demands the very freedom that it gives"

    BEEF.

    ReplyDelete