Oaks of Righteousness

Oaks of Righteousness
'...and they will be called Oaks of Righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.' - Isaiah 61:3

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Prayer

To the God of this universe, God above
To the God of my life, the God I love
A prayer to you I wish to express
A prayer to you, my heart in distress
This life I'm no longer living but is consuming me
This life I'm dieing, this death unintended to be
Everything that surrounds me feels like its falling apart
Every pillar inside of me crumbles at this darkness in my heart
I hate my life and what it's turned out to be
I hate myself and every part of me
This hurt, this pain, this loneliness I'm going through
This anger, this resentment and ignorance I feel towards you
To a God who promised but is never there
To a God so distant, a God who doesn't care
God I pray you would listen to these words and hear my cry
God I pray you would feel these hurts and mend this broken life
See these tears of mine and answer my plea
Answer my prayer to you as I pray on bended knee

No comments:

Post a Comment