Oaks of Righteousness

Oaks of Righteousness
'...and they will be called Oaks of Righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.' - Isaiah 61:3

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Why God would look old...

As I was sitting here, I thought about how boring it would be for people to read my blog if I filled it with diary entries of my day and every moment of my life and the emotions tied to it.
For myself personally I'm quite sure no one wants to know what my day was like.
But then it got me thinking...pondering.
If the very details of every persons life was inked onto pages, or typed onto blogs. Could you imagine, how big and numerous those volumes and/or blogs would be?
If God, being God knows everything about us I'm sure he must have read all of our journals and blogs.
Doing such a feat makes so much sense as to why our impression of God would be this wrinkly old man with bad posture, horrendously long hair, mustache and beard, who wears white clothing and lives in the clouds... or he could look like Morgan Freeman.
He would have horrendously long hair, mustache and beard because surely all that time spent reading up on our lives means no time to trim his hair or shave his mustache and beard. If God cares more about whats going on in our lives than keeping himself well groomed, perhaps we too should care more about life and less about looks.
He would have wrinkly old skin and most likely bad posture, because he's so stressed about us and the things we go through, the overwhelming emotions that make us cry, and the feelings we feel when no one else is around. Yet he sees, and he worries, and he gets wrinkles and bad posture from reaching down too much.
He would have white clothes probably because no other colors would last as long as white does, cause after a while everything would fade to white right? go for what lasts, not what looks good =P
I don't know why he would live in the clouds... But he probably has his head in the clouds since its probably filled with so much junk we ink down, yet he reads it anyway haha.
Makes me kinda glad my impression of God is an old wrinkly man with bad posture, horrendously long hair, mustache and beard, and live in the clouds. It means that we're more important to him than he is to himself. kool =P

2 comments:

  1. gary here. (:

    this blog entry is rly interesting. its gotten me thinking about it too. its fascinating how your blogs make so much sense, and ring true.

    i bet you wrote this blog, as you were thinking about it, wanting to put it out to everyone. sometimes i have times when i want to put stuff on paper, but i dont. :(

    ahaha. so much wisdom duc, its magnificent, how your such a great messenger of god, being able to put all your thoughts onto paper, or blogs. :P
    thanks for sharing. (:
    night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnx gary, yeh i keep a journal of all the stuff that i wrote n age tim n bryan encouraged me to like post it up so that it could encourage ppl. so i decided to make a blog.

    feel free to share it with the world =D mayb it can encourage some of ur friends too

    ReplyDelete